Part Time Retail Sales Assistant Manager – Wright’s Gift Shop
We're looking for an assistant manager to oversee store operations, managing a team of sales associates, perform retail merchandising and assist in training of sales team.
The ideal candidate is results oriented, able to successfully multi-task by delegating responsibilities in a fast paced environment. Also, person needs to quickly learn store operations procedures/processes and be committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Retail and management experience preferred; however will train the right candidate for the position.
How to apply:
• Download the application (link at the bottom of this page) and submit the completed application and resume via
email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Asst Mgr. Position, Attn: Nicky Roy
mail to Wright’s Gift Shop, Attn: Nicky Roy, 84 Inman Road, Harrisville, RI, 02830
• Oversee store operations while managing a team of sales associates
• Assist in training and obtaining team sales goals while supporting individual team members
• Greet customers in a timely, professional and engaging manner
• Provide honest and confident feedback to customers regarding products
• Build lasting relationships with customers by contacting them to follow up on purchases, suggest new products and invite them to upcoming events
• Consistently seek new trend and product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer
• Open new Wright’s Gift Shop reward members as a means of building customer relationships
• Communicate business opportunities that include line performance, stock levels and team motivation/recognition
• Perform daily department maintenance tasks including stock work, re-merchandising, display, price markdowns, merchandise transfers and cleaning
• Have a high school diploma, or equivalent (preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and coworkers
• Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about merchandise and product trends
• Ability to positively and proactively handle customer concerns and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
• Demonstrated ability to manage sales associates and designate job responsibilities
• Friday nights, weekends and holidays. More hours may be available.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.